Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision?
Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits, Tuition Reimbursement and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates that recognizes and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
Airgas USA, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Class A HAZMAT Microbulk Driver position at our branch in Dallas, TX
. This person will deliver bulk product to customers in a prompt and courteous manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fill tank and load/unload supplies onto service truck on a daily basis.
- Conduct daily pre-/post-trip inspections and completes reports.
- Deliver bulk product to customers to ensure an adequate supply level.
- Perform any non-route delivery necessary to provide customers with products.
- Accurately prepare and maintain daily updated manifest in order to meet Department of Transportation requirements.
- Complete paperwork promptly and accurately and return to appropriate personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles.
- Adhere to all Airgas and D.O.T. safety rules and regulations by proactively participating in identifying any safety and/or health hazards while in the workplace. Report to management any hazards.
- Maintain a safe driving record while operating company vehicles/equipment.
- Provide customer orientation, instruction on the proper use, safety hazards and proper use of related equipment.
- Work with customers on maintaining appropriate gas levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to drive a commercial vehicle. Must possess a valid class A commercial drivers license with a hazardous materials endorsement as well as a tanker endorsement.
- Must have a clean and safe driving record.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Requires strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to read a map and follow directions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and a minimum of three years commercial driving experience with at least 2 years tanker experience. Experience handling cryogenic product is preferable. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and record information. Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent. Ability to calculate hours reported on a drivers log. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, as well as talk to and hear customers/co-workers and smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders. The associate may lift up to 65 lbs and move more than 250 lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. The associate will occasionally be required to climb or balance. Specific visions abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision. Requires manual dexterity to operate cellular phone/radio and use hands to finger, handle or feel while making deliveries. Must reach with hands and arms. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine and mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.