Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Airgas Specialty Products is a leading distributor of anhydrous ammonia and ammonium hydroxide. ASP is seeking two experienced local Drivers - CDL Class A with HAZMAT/Tanker Endorsements to join our Operations team.
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Engage in loading/unloading truck procedures. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
• Safely perform SOPs specifically related to the handling of Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonium Hydroxide.
• Communicate in person with customers regarding any and all SOPs.
• Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
• Maintain appropriate driver's license/endorsements.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must have basic computer experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
• Some overnight stay required and/or up to and exceeding 5% travel on a monthly basis.
Other Duties as Required : This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
• At least 25 years old
• Class A CDL with at least 3 years' CMV experience - experience must be within the last 4 years and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before hire date
• Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with diploma will count as 1 year of required experience
• No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years
• No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years
• No serious violation ticket (speeding 15 , reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years
• No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for "Failure to pay child support"
• No DUI in the last 7 years
• Must be able to lift 60 lbs or more
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Effective verbal communication and ability to read and interpret documents such as customer orders, emails exchanged, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and be able to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.