The Class-A Driver/Field Service position will deliver products to local customers on various routes in Southern/Northern California, Arizona, Nevada and possibly, but not limited to Texas and New Mexico. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Load/unload truck at various distribution locations. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
In addition to being a driver, there will be a level of mechanical inclination that will be required for this position to assist the Field Service Department in various projects that will consist of, but are not limited to:
• Pump out customer tanks
• Various pipe repair and new installs
• Annual checking of customer rented and owned tanks
• Sticking inventory
• Prepping for upcoming jobs
• Order parts to keep inventory and stock on hand
• Attend training for up an coming jobs and requirements per customer project
• Layover and or travel time 10-25 % of the time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES FOR HAZMAT DRIVER:
• Load, deliver and offload safely to customers.
• Communicate efficiently with customers.
• Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
• Maintain appropriate drivers' license.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
• Class A CDL driver's license with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements.
• Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
• 2-years experience driving commercial vehicle.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Knowledge of the area and ability to lift 60 lbs required.
• Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 11 hours; frequent bending also required.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work overtime if necessary .
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must have basic computer experience.
• Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Bulk delivery route experience strongly desired.
• Prepared for overnight stay required 50-90% of the time
• Mechanically inclined with emphasis on piping
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.