As a Backup Driver you will be responsible for the distribution and delivery of maintenance, repair and operational (MRO) products to a variety of facilities and businesses and also working in the warehouse when not delivering. You will operate a company delivery truck, loading and unloading freight for deliveries to local customers. This position requires a Class B CDL.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performing pre and post trip vehicle inspections to insure your vehicle is ready for the road
- Loading the truck in an efficient manner for unload and confirming customer orders
- Climbing in and out of delivery cab to accommodate customer deliveries throughout the day
- Operating foot and hand controls for commercial vehicles
- Operating commercial vehicle in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Creating customer cheerleaders through excellent customer service; providing assistance as a liaison between customer service and delivery location as needed
- Performing overtime as required, accomplishing deliveries and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Obtaining delivery confirmation via manual or electronic methods
- Performing warehouse duties and tasks assigned
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Operations Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Minimal or no educational requirement for this job.
YEARS OF RELAVENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
1 year of previous delivery driver experience preferred
At least a Class B CDL is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
As a Delivery Driver you must be a team player with excellent customer service skills and the drive to succeed. Qualified candidates are self-motivated, responsible, highly organized and able to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment.
Other requirements of the Local Truck Driver include:
Valid, active Class B Driver's License
Clean Motor Vehicle Record
Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 70 lbs.
Must pass DOT physical, criminal check and drug screen
Excellent customer service skills
Must be familiar with local and surrounding areas
Ability to read a maps and follow directions
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!