Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including: home, acute and in-center dialysis products; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Program Summary :
Baxter's Commercial Leadership Development Program (CLDP)
is committed to building future business leaders with commercial competencies and leadership skills that allow them to successfully drive superior business results in a complex global healthcare environment.
CLDP Managers will gain experience cross-functionally and across Baxter businesses with broad exposure to domestic and global teams through rotational assignments. The CLDP Manager will be in the rotational program just over two years completing three rotations, each lasting approximately nine months across various global business units in medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
The CLDP Manager will complete rotations in Marketing and/or Product Management, as well as an elective rotation that can be in Marketing, Market Development, Commercial Excellence, Sales, Business Development or Strategy. International rotation opportunities are available as well, although not required. Through these rotations, the CLDP Manager will develop skills in the following marketing competencies: deep customer and patient insights, new product development, market development, launch excellence, positioning, lifecycle management, go-to-market model (customer engagement), and financial and business acumen. In addition to the commercial rotational experiences, CLDPs will have access to personalized training and development opportunities to advance their personal and professional skill sets. Position Description:
Each rotation/assignment will be focused on different aspects of marketing or business strategy. The assignments may include:
- Conducting and analyzing market research to assess product feasibility of a new product, service or business
- Completing competitive intelligence projects to drive internal decision making through assessment of the competitive landscape, market saturation and new product launches
- Developing programs that drive product utilization and brand awareness
- Creating pre- and post-launch promotional materials, sales training, and pricing strategy
- Directing advertising/brand agencies on the creative development for various tactical marketing programs
- Developing business models, strategic analyses and innovative solutions involving multiple assumptions, quantifying results, and assessing alternatives to develop recommendations for new product entry or geographic expansion opportunities
- Developing, testing and rolling out product positioning, sales messages and sales tools for a Baxter product on a national or global scale. Interfacing with cross-functional teams including but not limited to: Sales, R&D, Finance, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Regulatory, and Legal
- Attending external meetings and industry conferences to develop knowledge of the business and its customers
- Partnering with country marketing teams or sales teams to drive strategic initiatives and roll-out product materials to drive sales growth and greater product penetration
Successful candidates will have demonstrated the following:
- Actively pursuing a MBA
- Three to five years of related business experience (general management, strategy, marketing, finance)
- Exhibited leadership through campus activities and prior work experiences
- Foundational skills in the following core competencies would be strongly preferred: Strategic Planning, Market Research, New Product Development, Messaging and Branding, Financial Analysis, Decision Analytics, Customer Advocacy Development, and Pricing and Reimbursement.
Candidates are also screened against Baxter's Leadership Competencies which include: Drives Results, Financial Acumen, Situational Adaptability, Manages Ambiguity, Courage, Strategic Mindset, Global Perspective, Cultivates Innovation, Drives Engagement and Values Differences.
As a global leader dedicated to building the best team in health care, Baxter offers competitive compensation and full benefits. To view other opportunities at Baxter, please visit our Careers@Baxter site. EOE M/F/D/V.