This individual will deploy the speed van at sites/school zones chosen by the Police Department in accordance with State and local laws and the operating guidelines of ATS. The Mobile Speed Van Operator captures and records images of violations while monitoring traffic throughout the deployment.
Hours of Operation:
Split shift hours: 6:30am-11:30am and 1:30pm-4:30pm... $13.00 per hour
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Deploys the mobile speed van to enforcement sites selected by police program managers and based on schedules provided by the supervisor.
• Sets up equipment per operating guidelines and basic training.
• Operates equipment under close supervision within the guidelines of the contract and police program managers.
• Performs continuous equipment testing/monitoring and traffic flow monitoring throughout the deployment based on operating guidelines and basic training.
• Identifies problems associated with the radar system as they occur and takes the appropriate steps to resolve simple/basic problems. Escalates all other problems to the lead operator for resolution.
• Prepares detailed pre and post deployment paperwork which is used for court documentation purposes.
• Performs routine cleaning and basic maintenance of assigned van
• Apprises the supervisor of all van maintenance issues
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid driver's license with good driving record
• Minimum age of 25 (for corporate liability insurance coverage)
• Basic understanding of lap top computer usage
• Basic understanding of cameras and photography
• Ability to work as a team member and individually
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
• Solid interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Solid data entry experience and ability
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to perform the following physical requirements: Stooping, crouching/bending body downward and forward by bending legs; ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and lift up to 50 pounds frequently to move objects; color vision to identify and distinguish colors; kneeling/bending legs at knees to come to rest on the knees; field of vision/observing an area - up, down, right and left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.