Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
We are currently seeking a Clean up Technician (Shift: Tue - Sat; 9:00pm - 5:30am) who under the direction of the Lead/Supervisor will clean room equipment per Standard Operating Procedures for each of the clean rooms. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform the cleaning and sanitization of class 100,000 filling room.
- Maintain cleaning equipment in clean and safe working order.
- Follow all written procedures pertaining to cleaning of filling rooms.
- Complete all appropriate check sheets in a timely manner, following proper documentation techniques.
- Report clean room non-compliance issues to Lead/Supervisor.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Work on other areas as needed.
- Materials product: Considerable care and attention is required when working with both cleaning chemicals and hot water.
- Tools and Equipment: Care and attention required in using material cleaning equipment.
- Safety of others: Care and attention in keeping work area clean while following company's safety procedures and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Lead/Supervisor. Work in proximity of others where awareness of others is necessary to prevent injury.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Qualified candidates must posses High School diploma or equivalent.
- Up to two (2) weeks on the job training.
- Manuel dexterity.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand job language in English.
- Ability to add ad subtract simple whole numbers.
- Work in a factory environment exposed to some amounts of nose, heat and humidity.
- Potential injuries consist of cuts, bruises and muscle strains.
- No previous experience is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.