Cleantech Client Manager
The evolution of clean technology and renewable energy solutions has become a critical issue for commercial and industrial organizations (C&I) given emerging financial opportunities, sustainability goals, and the desire for integrated energy strategies. Schneider Electric Sustainability, Cleantech and Smartgrid Services, part of Schneider’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS), provides support and leadership to some of the world's best known C&I organizations on diversifying their portfolios to include renewable energy and emerging energy technologies. As a global specialist in energy and resource management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in C&I sectors, such as Retail, Food & Beverage, Healthcare and in the Public and Academic sectors. Position Summary:
The Cleantech Client Manager will lead clients through complex renewable energy deal transactions; primarily onsite and offsite Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). The position requires skills to successfully navigate corporate structures and manage a diverse group of stakeholders towards a successful deal close. In addition, this role will seek to improve the delivery of high-impact services and solutions. Schneider Electric is seeking candidates with experience in the below responsibility areas. Position responsibilities:
- Assist clients with successful execution of a PPA and other renewable energy services. Lead project management process including timeline and deliverables, coordination of a wide variety of client and Schneider stakeholders, financial and qualitative decision criteria evaluation and contract negotiations
- Lead client project teams, including reviewing work and training junior team members
- Coordinate with Cleantech operations team to develop and execute go to market opportunities for clients
- Apply knowledge of industry concepts to guide clients through internal approval process, including accounting, legal, financial and commercial decision makers
- Lead work in multi-disciplinary teams to improve service offerings and delivery
- Assist Cleantech colleagues to manage sustainable energy strategies and consulting services beyond PPAs, such as other clean technology solutions, feasibility studies, and market research for clients
- Partner with internal sales teams to ensure a successful client transition process, upsell additional project and services, and provide industry expertise during the sales process
- Support market development through research, content creation and review, and attending and speaking at external events
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Some domestic and international travel necessary (10-25%)
Position based in Boulder, CO or Louisville, KYQualifications: Essential skills and qualifications:
Non-Essential but preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Energy, Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 3-8 years of experience managing complex, high-stakes projects involving the highest organizational levels of large corporations
- Experience with onsite and/or offsite utility-scale wind and solar development and the renewable energy industry. Preferred previous exposure to Power Purchase Agreements.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to track contract and projects requirements for multiple projects in diverse areas.
- Ability to initiate, establish, navigate, and nurture relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, with the ability to address obstacles and manage through conflict in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and translate complex issues (contracting terms, project complications and requirements) to clients.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, analyses and ideas in a concise, effective manner to the intended audience.
- Experience directing the work of project teams or managing people
- Commitment to learning and adapting to emerging energy landscapes
- High commitment to company vision, values and excellent customer service
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Graduate degree
- Consulting or advisory experience
- Procurement experience, with energy procurement experience preferred
- A growing company with a positive industry reputation
- Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in increasing demand
- Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Benefits which include 401(K), Bonus Plan, health, life, dental, vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and more
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.