The clerical assistant will report to the Operations Team Leader in a busy law office that supports many attorneys and will be responsible primarily for assisting the attorneys and legal secretaries. The clerical assistant will be expected to communicate with the attorneys, their clients, business partners, courts and opposing counsel in litigation matters; assist in the calendaring of court appearances and related events; and will be expected to ensure that form letters and templates are used correctly as needed. Additional responsibilities will include: sort, open, stamp and deliver mail and faxes to and from workstations and the mail receiving area, process outgoing mail using appropriate equipment and maintain the postage machine; assist in the preparation and assembly of document packages; including the scanning of evidence. This individual will also be required to assist with overflow work as needed in addition to locating, pulling and distributing file materials and information as well as maintaining office files, and make copies upon request. Qualifications:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated efficiency, productivity, and attention to detail, strong organizational skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work on strict and short deadlines; able to set priorities and deal effectively with shifting priorities.
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology and litigation will be helpful.
- Ability to work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in written/verbal communication with internal/ external clients.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have prior calendar experience.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in our Hollywood, FL Staff Law Office.
It is not a remote position.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **