Avis Budget Group, Inc
. is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 10,000 rental locations in approximately 175 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than 775,000 members. Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world. Avis Budget Group has approximately 29,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. Job Description
As a parts clerk
, you will order all parts & tires from appropriate preferred vendors, run inventory/stock/usage reports. You will maintain warrantable retention parts and dispose of at appropriate intervals. You must have strong phone & computer skills and be highly organized, as well as detail oriented. You must have the ability to work in a multi-line dealership type environment. All full time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package with health, dental, 401k and tobacco cessation program. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment. Work Performed:
- Physically and electronically ordering & receipting Parts/Tires through appropriate parts suppliers, distribute parts to be installed, and charge out parts to appropriate Electronic Repair Orders.
- Create Electronic Purchase Orders, subject of approval of M&D Manager, then match invoices to purchase orders in our electronic payables system.
- Reconcile Physical parts waiting vehicles to Electronic orders, follow-up with overdue parts, including posting to internal WEB site.
- Follow-up assistance for body shop delayed parts.
- Complete/Assist with physical inventories as needed.
- Control inventory, returning obsolete or overstock, replenishing inventory of common usage parts/tires.
- Organizing Parts/Tires areas
- Order & issue PO for other Supply Chain consumables.
- Answer phones/E-mail inquiries.
- Coordinate other duties as assigned by Supply Chain Manager.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and up to 25 pounds regularly
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, ADP electronic parts system (or similar)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months of customer service experience
- Minimum of six months of automotive parts experience, prefer Dealership experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
If you're motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process.
IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on!
Avis Budget is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
A little about us: