Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
Client Agreement Consultant
Location: Charlotte, NC or Denver, CO
The Client Agreement Consultant is responsible for creating new or amending TIAA client agreements that support a broad array of retirement products and services for the organization. This position is responsible for ensuring contractual agreements comply with legal requirements and the organization's needs as well as policies and procedures. This position will oversee processes for initiating, reviewing, revising, and acting as a liaison lending advise to business areas of TIAA CREF.
• Create new or amended TIAA initiated client agreements that support our products and services.
• Generate Group applications and contracts to support Stable Value Products.
• Provides standard legal communications and correspondence.
• Researches and resolves inquiries and/or complaints of internal clients, as well as external customers and their representatives; serves as first point of escalation for issues related to legal agreements.
• Participates in project teams for new products and services providing analysis of impact to legal agreements.
• Serves as liaison with assigned business areas and/or outside vendors regarding special projects /requests.
• Applies strong understanding of business best practices to enhance operational efficiency and reduce costs.
• Identifies business processes requiring improvement and recommends alternative solutions to management.
• Assists in monitoring, evaluating and modifying newly implemented processes and initiatives.
• Works independently to support day-to-day development and execution of business planning activities and senior management initiatives for multiple assigned business areas.
• Produces complex, periodic and/or ad hoc reports on area and unit progress, customer satisfaction, etc.
• Participates on and/or supports multiple project teams for complex business area initiatives, ensuring that assigned areas are fully represented on corporate strategic projects.
Basic Qualifications: Required
• Bachelor’s degree or 1+ years of experience in creating new or amending client agreements
• 3+ years of MS Word required
• 1+ years’ experience/knowledge in retirement products and services
• Solid experience drafting/red lining legal documents
• Basic MS Excel skills
• Strong organizational and personal management skills
• Excellent oral/written communication and inter-personal skills
• Thorough knowledge of plan design and ERISA regulations
• 3+ years of experience in a Client Agreement Consultant role within a financial institution preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.