Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Based in Louisville, KY, Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy and sustainability management needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients energy supply, demand and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe. www.schneider-electric.com Position Summary:
The Client Development Manager will focus on bringing NEW industrial and commercial clients from an energy management offering perspective. This effort will involve identifying, pursuing, qualifying, and closing potential clients headquartered throughout North America with a national and possible global presence. Qualified candidates can be located in any Schneider office in US
, or operate from a virtual home office anywhere
. Ideal location would be for this individual to be based and work from our Supply and Sustainability home office in Louisville, KY.
The primary accountabilities, character traits, skills, and requirements are listed below. Character Requirements: Integrity:
demonstrates this in all interactions Initiative:
recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked Honesty:
transparent in the interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc. Leadership:
proven track record of effective leadership in a sales role Persuasiveness:
ability to work through challenges to achieve results Position responsibilities:
As a Client Development Manager, your chief responsibilities will be to:
Qualifications: Essential skills, qualifications and requirements:
- Identify prospects that match the profile of Schneider Electric in the energy management procurement services perspective
- Work as a true hunter, with a proven ability to generate and follow up on leads by making contact with prospects and creating interest in Schneider’s offerings
- Communicate and interact with business decision makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Negotiate and close sales that vary in contract length and fee range
- Close an agreed upon number of sales and revenue per year
- Maintain prospect (CRM) database information
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 5-years' experience selling in the energy management services industry to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy industry is a must.
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role
- Lead generation
- Persistence in follow up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle
- Interfacing and presenting to all management levels at Fortune 500 companies
- Negotiating agreements with prospects
- Effective closure rate with prospects
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles that can at times last 6 months or longer
- Prior experience selling high within an organization (C Suite)
- Strong closing ability; past experience closing $100,000 deals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some travel required to support sales activity (approximately 10-40%)
- Bachelors degree required
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.