Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy, sustainability and cleantech services needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients energy supply, demand and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe. Client Development Manager - National Demand Services Location: US - Remote
Qualified candidates can be located out of any Schneider office in the U.S., or operate from a virtual office in areas outside those locations. Proximity to an international airport preferred.
The primary accountabilities, character traits, skills, and requirements are listed below. Character Requirements:
demonstrates this in all interactions Initiative:
recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked Honesty:
transparent in the interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc. Leadership:
proven track record of effective leadership in a sales role Persuasiveness:
ability to work through challenges to achieve results Position responsibilities:
The Client Development Manager for National Demand Services is responsible for selling recurring energy and resource efficiency services, and driving continuous performance improvement for our customers by coupling energy expertise with cutting-edge technology. This individual should be familiar with Salesforce.com and possess natural sales instincts, with the proven ability to engage with influencers and decision makers to communicate the Schneider Electric value proposition around continuous efficiency. Additionally, this individual will research, define and target specific market segments as assigned to enable a high level of sales success with targeted clients and prospects. Integrity, vision, passion and ability to excel in a collaborative sales environment are essential for this role.
As a Client Development Manager, National Demand Services, your chief responsibilities will be to:
Qualifications: Essential skills, qualifications and requirements:
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Prospecting and converting leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships
- Working with Schneider Electric’s portfolio of offerings to develop customized solutions that address the customer’s business needs
- Understand customer long-term strategic business needs and increase level of contact– higher and wider – within customer’s organization to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Effectively advise clients on Schneider Electric’s software, services and product offerings
- Lead the development of sales proposals. Enlists the support of sales engineers/specialists, implementation resources, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed in response to RFP's.
- Meet targeted personal goals as determined by leadership.
- Ensure a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the Client Manager following a successful sales process.
- Negotiating and closing contracts for energy management related services with enterprise customers
- Collaboration with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go to market strategies
- Identify prospects that match the profile of Schneider Electric Sustainability & Cleantech Services within an assigned industry segment(s), with a need for our services in the energy efficiency and demand services marketplace
- Focus will be on selling our Continuous Efficiency and award-winning Resource Advisor™ SaaS offerings
- Generate and follow up on leads by making contact with prospects and creating interest in Schneider’s offerings
- Communicate and interact with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Negotiate and close recurring revenue sales that vary in contract length and fee range
- Close an agreed upon number of sales and revenue per year
- Maintain prospect (CRM – Salesforce.com) database information
- Quality experience selling professional services in the energy and sustainability industry, renewable energy industry, service industry, environmental industry, or to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability or environmental industry is a must.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands and Schneider Electric solutions, and to align the two to ensure sales performance at or above assigned levels.
- Ability to thrive in a remote office environment
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role
- Lead generation
- Persistence in follow up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle
- Interfacing and presenting to all management levels at Fortune 500 companies
- Negotiating agreements with prospects
- Effective closure rate with prospects
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles (up to 6 months)
- Prior experience selling high within an organization (C Suite)
- Strong closing ability; past experience closing five- and six-figure deals each month
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce.com CRM system
- Travel required to support sales activity (up to 50%)
- Bachelors degree required
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.