Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. Position Summary:
The Client Development Manager for National Demand Services is responsible for selling recurring energy and resource efficiency services, and driving continuous performance improvement for our customers by coupling energy expertise with cutting-edge technology. This individual should be familiar with Salesforce.com and possess natural sales instincts, with the proven ability to engage with influencers and decision makers to communicate the Schneider Electric value proposition around continuous efficiency. Additionally, this individual will research, define and target specific market segments as assigned to enable a high level of sales success with targeted clients and prospects. Integrity, vision, passion and ability to excel in a collaborative sales environment are essential for this role. Context:
Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division addresses clients’ diverse energy, sustainability and cleantech services needs. Experts within the division provide integrated solutions to meet clients energy supply, demand and sustainability challenges. With an expanding global footprint, Energy & Sustainability Services includes a team of more than 2,000 energy professionals in offices around the globe.
Qualified business development candidates can be located out of any Schneider office in the U.S., or operate from a virtual office in areas outside those locations. Proximity to an international airport preferred. Ongoing Position responsibilities and the primary focus of this role is:
Secondary duties could include:
- Establish new business opportunities with targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Prospecting and converting leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships
- Work with Schneider Electric’s portfolio of offerings to develop customized solutions that address the customer’s business needs
- Focus will be on selling our Continuous Efficiency and award-winning Resource Advisor™ SaaS offerings
- Understand customer long-term strategic business needs and increase level of contact– higher and wider – within customer’s organization to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Lead the development of sales proposals. Enlists the support of sales engineers/specialists, implementation resources, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed in response to RFP's.
- Meet targeted personal goals as determined by leadership. Close an agreed upon number of sales and revenue per year
- Negotiating and closing contracts for energy management related services with enterprise customers
- Identify prospects that match the profile of Schneider Electric Sustainability & Cleantech Services within an assigned industry segment(s), with a need for our services in the energy efficiency and demand services marketplace
- Generate and follow up on leads by making contact with prospects and creating interest in Schneider’s offerings
- Communicate and interact with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle
- Negotiate and close recurring revenue sales that vary in contract length and fee range
Qualifications: Qualifications include:
- Maintain prospect (CRM – Salesforce.com) database information
- Collaboration with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go to market strategies
- Ensure a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the Client Manager following a successful sales process.
- Effectively advise clients on Schneider Electric’s software, services and product offerings
- Quality experience selling professional services in the energy and sustainability industry, renewable energy industry, service industry, environmental industry, or to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability or environmental industry is a must.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands and Schneider Electric solutions, and to align the two to ensure sales performance at or above assigned levels.
- Ability to thrive in a remote office environment
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role
- Lead generation
- Persistence in follow up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle
- Interfacing and presenting to all management levels at Fortune 500 companies
- Negotiating agreements with prospects
- Effective closure rate with prospects
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles (up to 6 months)
- Prior experience selling high within an organization (C Suite)
- Strong closing ability; past experience closing five- and six-figure deals each month
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce.com CRM system
- Travel required to support sales activity (up to 50%)
- Bachelors degree required
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.