The primary point of contact and service provider for existing and newly developed relationships. Retains and grows client relationships through high touch service, deposit options and customized credit solutions to individuals and families within a specific region. Partners with the Private Bankers in business development and relationship management activities to support high-net-worth and ultra-high-net prospects and clients and is responsible for profitable growth within the portfolio assigned. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Manage and service client relationships with high net worth individuals whose trust, investments, and lending needs are complex. The focus of the position is on growing and maintaining existing clients. Clients tend to have complicated lending requirements where deep product knowledge and technical expertise is required to execute large transactions. Possesses a proven track record of strong relationship management skills. Proactively contribute suggestions and demonstrate- productive collaboration with the team of Private Bankers supported and with Line of Business and product partners. Usually possesses a BA and 10 years of experience in financial services and 8 years of experience working with high net worth clients. May independently manage, service, and retain own portfolios.Responsibilities:
- Support Private Banker in all areas of new business development by coordinating colleagues and resources, ensuring tailored materials are created, and meeting with prospective clients jointly.
- Partner with Private Banker in profiling across the full spectrum of the needs of PB target segments. Utilize planning capabilities and proactively offer customized solutions to all clients with a focus on banking credit solutions.
- Identify new opportunities by deepening and broadening existing relationships. Develop new relationships by partnering with RBC Wealth Management and through referrals from existing clients, Centers of Influence, and through personal community involvement.
- Participate with CNB team on sales calls. Help Banker facilitate pre-brief and de-brief meetings.
- Assume primary responsibility for on-boarding new clients or expanding current clients with new loan facilities, new deposits, and all other solutions. Lead coordination with all partners to ensure a smooth and seamless on-boarding process.
- Manage relationships with the Private Banker and client team in planning, delivery and regular review with clients including the obtaining of information to complete the 360 reviews.
- Deliver a high degree of personal contact and open communication among clients and internal team that creates a superior client experience.
- Proactively communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets and discuss/recommend changes to their existing solution set. Ensure full client team is coordinated on communication.
- Work closely with Credit Team members in analyzing the financial needs of clients and monitoring their ongoing financial and personal circumstances to make adjustments or take action accordingly. Ensure that required financial information is received in a timely manner and coordinate the preparation of loan documents and subsequent signing.
- Manage client relationships to maximize client retention and grow the business in compliance with the goals and objectives of the clients.
- Work with the Private Banker and rest of Client Team to ensure preparation of all presentation and review materials.
Risk Management, Credit Quality, and Compliance
- Keep current on client's financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided (including terms and conditions for any and all credit facilitates).
- Communicate in a timely and productive manner with clients and with all risk areas, especially the credit team when there is a borrowing relationship.
- Ensures renewal, covenant monitoring, and related documents are received in a timely manner.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for licenses and certifications.
- *Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- *Minimum 10 years of relationship management experience in financial services; preferably one or more of the following: asset management, banking/credit, personal trust, and brokerage services.
- *Minimum of 8 years of experience working with high net worth clients.
- Strong understanding of all products and services applicable to high net worth clients.
- Superior knowledge of credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled