Under general direction of the senior leadership the candidate will design and implement health outcomes and epidemiological studies - from study concept stage to final report. The candidate will be a primary contributor to the development and management of economic models, systematic reviews, value dossiers, publications, field-based tools, pharmacoepidemiology, and global access programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements health outcomes and / or epidemiology studies - from study concept stage to final report
- Develop content for research protocols, study reports, abstracts, posters, publications, and presentation of scientific findings
- Serve as a content resource for the development of clinical materials, economic model conceptualization, and implementation of outcomes studies, outcomes analyzers, customer-based studies, and market research
- Assist in the development and sharing of medical writing and publication best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda's mission and vision
- Contribute to development of proposals and concept papers that clearly convey the excellence of Xcenda's services with accurate budgets
- Supports goals for business unit / service line growth
- Recruits, trains, and mentors junior staff
- Supports the development of succession plans for junior team members
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Demonstrates commitment to the firm and inspires / mentors fellow employees
- Maintains chargeability requirements by providing project input/guidance
- Consistently meet the goals of both the ABC Core Competencies as well as the Xcenda Competency model specific to this role, including
- Leading client focus
- Driving business results
- Delivering quality products
- Driving quality improvement
- Modeling leadership
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A postgraduate degree (eg, Ph.D., DrPH, M.D., Pharm.D.) in a relevant discipline preferred. Master's degree (in Health Economics, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy, or Business Administration) as the minimum educational requirement with at least 4 years of practical experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Broad technical knowledge of outcomes research and health economics
- Structured and well organized
- Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
- Database management and analytical and statistical skills
- Economic modeling skills
- Medical writing skills
- Experience developing outcomes research/health economics study protocols
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong clinical skills preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Functions as a team player
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. For more than 2 decades, Xcenda has helped global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging early-phase firms successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product lifecycle. Our experts provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies. Why Xcenda
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference. Whether you join us in one of our core locations: Tampa, Charlotte, San Francisco, Washington D.C. or Hanover, Germany - or work remotely like many of our Associates, you will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a mindset and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what they do -- - who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join us.
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.