Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has over $2 trillion under management and is one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors.
The Field Strategic Services (FSS) group focuses on transformational platform strategies to give Financial Advisors (FAs) and their support staff better tools to serve our clients. The Strategic Client Onboarding (SCO) team within FSS is recruiting a strategic thinker who has a passion for uncovering new opportunities and executing projects to continuously improve the Client Onboarding experience. The Client Onboarding - Product Manager is responsible for ensuring that regulatory requirement (e.g. Enhanced Due Diligence) are fully and properly incorporated into the firm's strategic Client Onboarding solution. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of all project activities throughout the project life cycle from initiation to implementation.
• Partner with Global Financial Crimes/AML and other Legal, Compliance, and Risk managers to assess client onboarding impacts and considerations related to new and existing regulatory requirements, and to facilitate consensus on the solution
• Partner with peers in the Strategic Client Onboarding program to create a solution that assures compliance with regulatory requirements without disruption to client and field experience
• Manage projects independently through all phases of the project lifecycle
• Coordinate or develop Business Requirements Documents and other project specifications, work orders, and change controls
• Manage testing completion in coordination with team leads, review testing plans, defects, requirement clarifications, and completion reports to ensure a smooth implementation of platform enhancements
• Evaluate tactical risk mitigation opportunities
• Serve as business subject matter expert for the application areas noted above. This includes command of both business process and system function
• Create content for formal communications and training programs to educate the field and call centers about upcoming implementations
• Perform business verification of new functionality releases post-implementation in production
• Resolve escalations from senior management, the Service Center, Business Partners, and FAs/CSAs daily
• Simplify complex technical systems into visual process flows, tables, and PowerPoint presentations
• Prepare and facilitate meetings
• Weekend work may be required in support of technology releases
• BS/BA degree required
• 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, concentration in
customer due diligence or account opening a plus
• Must be a self-starter with exceptional product management skills and the
ability to work both independently and collaboratively to drive a product to
• Detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment required.
• Excellent analytical, process-oriented, problem-solving/issues-resolution skills
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both business and technical
• Must be able to understand technical intricacies of systems.
• Ability to translate legalistic regulations into business context a plus
• Ability to work well with employees across a diverse range of functional groups
• Must have ability to build consensus across teams.
• Must be able to assume a high level of autonomy quickly.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
• Working knowledge of Visio a plus.
• Prior experience in Wealth Management or Financial Services client
onboarding a plus.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.