The role of Enterprise Solutions Specialist is responsible for strategic solution-based sales to an assigned Global, Domestic and International, Enterprise account base to meet/exceed all business/sales targets. Strategic services solutions are characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resource issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of customers.
The Enterprise Solutions Specialist is responsible for building C-Level relationships in an effort to execute their global strategic solutions plans with a team of Wireless and Wireline core sales and sales solution product specialists to ensure account growth and optimum customer satisfaction. The purpose of this position is to further develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships, align with IT organizations and other Business Groups to uncover new opportunities, develop solutions and sell strategic mobile services, to include Wireless products, Core Networks, PS, Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security Services, and Connected Machine Solutions.
It is critical for the Enterprise Solutions Specialist to be a team leader, an astute business person, have exceptional business insight, show executive/boardroom presence, and have outstanding judgment.
- Grow VES revenue in assigned base of Enterprise Accounts to meet and exceed sales and revenue quota
- Develop and manage executive relationships. Establish "C" level contact within Accounts/Opportunities, plan and demonstrate a detailed understanding of both the customers’ sector and business drivers/challenges. Understand Solutions Selling methodology and tools and apply these regularly to gain a better understanding of the customers’ environment and manage the relationship
- Develop strategic sales plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles, and continuous study of assigned accounts’ industry, business and trends
- Develop a version of the Strategic Plan to share with customers to solicit their input and have them gain a sense of joint ownership of the Plan.
- Use effective negotiation techniques and seek to apply them in most situations. Be focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and be alert to customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities
- Prepare and update sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential
- Participate in contract negotiations. Assist with developing proposals and oral presentations
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate Account/Opportunity plans and review/update and communicate these on a regular basis. Have clear strategy and set of objectives where relevant
- Develop creative and customized package of new applications and services relevant to the industry/vertical of their customer base
- Provide leadership to the other team members in relation to the Verizon Enterprise Solutions Business Segment
- Require an understanding of all VES services/products and network
Selected candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles: strong leadership skills, an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self direction and motivation, and a proven track record in consultative selling solutions.
In addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry, the ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates the ability to further develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships, align with variety of Business Groups to uncover opportunities and develop solutions
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of business finance and a high level of awareness of customers business / industry sector. Full understanding of how an investment adds value to the business, how to produce a business case that delivers a compelling financial argument to purchase a solution/service offering, and understanding the principals and application of an ROI model
- Demonstrates good knowledge/understanding of customers’ environment as it relates to their specific sector/industry vertical. Identify sector/industry vertical trends and drivers, understand key applications that solve business problems in sector/industry vertical and deliver solutions that meet customers’ specific needs/requirements
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of VES Strategic Solutions with specific focus on mobility. Capable of identifying, qualifying & closing opportunities with minimal support. Demonstrates expertise in this competency and could support/coach others
- Articulates client business value with consultative selling approaches
- Works in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently while building a successful sales pipeline/channel
- Teams with VES colleagues and vendors to develop creative solutions
- Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VES solution space
- Must show effective negotiation and closing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience required
- 5-7 years of successful strategic solutions sales experience or related discipline is required preferably with emphasis on Fortune 500, multinational and multimillion enterprise including, prospecting, funnel management and account management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and oral communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional,
- Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus
- Promote cross-brand solutions to promote the overall VES portfolio requiring an understanding of VES Wireless and Wireline offerings
- Is able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives
- Have proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan
- Superior technical and analytical skills
- Effective use of PC including Microsoft Office required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.