About the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
About the Position
Nuveen Investment Solutions (NIS) is a business that incorporates TIAA Global Asset Management’s (TGAM) broad range of highly rated investment strategies, expertise in asset allocation and portfolio construction into outcome oriented product and portfolio solutions. Helping clients more effectively achieve their desired outcomes and Financial Advisors more efficiently deliver their services is the core philosophy of NIS. NIS is comprised of two teams, the Multi-Asset Class Solutions Team (MACS) that provides asset allocation guidance, outcome oriented models and manages our multi-asset funds, and the Client Solutions Team that is responsible for providing sales support to multiple distribution channels, intermediary partners, and financial advisors, including competitive analytics, portfolio analysis and recommendations.
Nuveen Investment Solutions is looking for a Client Portfolio Manager (CPM) to support its Multi-Asset Class Solutions Team (MACS). The CPM will sit on the MACS Investment Committee and is the primary liaison between the investment team, distribution teams, and external audiences including financial advisors and wealth management firm home offices. The role requires deep familiarity with investment strategies, process, manager selection, performance, and attribution. The CPM will support the development of product positioning, investment commentary, white papers, and marketing content, and will actively promote the business efforts of MACS to both internal and external audiences. The CPM will also work closely with the Client Solutions Team to ensure proper application and consistency of multi-asset views coming from MACS. A successful CPM relieves the investment team of most distribution and client support responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive overview of MACS capabilities and investment process to internal and external audiences
- Understand and discuss MACS mutual funds and model portfolios in terms of current investment positioning and broadly in the context of global market conditions
- Position and communicate the value of MACS strategies and model portfolios to internal and external audiences
- Become subject matter expert on sponsor firms’ platforms and offerings, working closely with National Account contacts
- Utilize and author thought leadership and internal sales/marketing resources
- Significantly contribute to outcome oriented investing framework and product development
- Work closely with Client Solutions Team to articulate outcome oriented investing themes and related products for internal and external audiences
- Support Nuveen Advisor Consultants (ACs)/Internal Advisor Consultants (IACs) as needed with thorough, detailed, and timely responses to inquiries about specific multi-asset strategies and broader solutions opportunities
- Support Nuveen ACs with travel to clients and prospects including financial advisors across multiple channels and home office due diligence teams
- Contribute to supporting product materials, including pitch books, FAQs, Tactical Positioning Sheets, Sales Ideas, fact sheets, and educational papers.
- Curate web-based content for multi-asset products and models
- Address general inquiries regarding team views on the markets and positioning
- Participate in training for distribution teams on multi-asset products, solutions, and outcome orientation
- Work on the development of new products with Advisory Product teams, including Product Management & Development, Product Strategy & Business Intelligence, and Strategic Product Management
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university; CFA, CIMA, CFP and/or MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the asset management/financial services industry with direct experience as a Client Portfolio Manager and / or in portfolio strategy or portfolio management
- Solid knowledge of mutual fund products, financial services industry, and investment strategies and concepts, including familiarity with SEC and FINRA regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated success working with wholesalers, financial advisors and clients
- Familiarity with technology tools including Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Bloomberg, and the Microsoft Office suite
- FINRA Series 7 or ability to obtain in three months
- Deep understanding of asset allocation and portfolio construction methods and how they are used to fulfil investor goals
- Strong client service and sales orientation
- Persuasive oral, written, and presentation communications skills - and ability to simply and effectively describe complex ideas to different audiences
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with key clients, client firms, vendor partners, internal departments, and with industry groups and influencers
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Able to think strategically and creatively and connect broad ideas with detailed execution
- A genuine team player that believes in the power of collaborative work and builds relationships with co-workers in a collegial and respectful manner
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.