Client Server Operations Analyst - Client Production Services
The Client Server Operations Analyst monitors and controls multiple distributed systems utilizing multiple technologies in accordance with established routines. It requires a basic understanding of a large client/server environment to identify problem sources concerning system operations as well as an ability to communicate with system users to identify, explain and resolve incidents. It performs first and may perform second-level support for incident resolutions.
1. Manage system events on multiple distributed systems including identifying incidents, determining root cause and restoring services. Provide management with
timely and accurate updates throughout shift.
2. Monitor hardware and operating systems, using the appropriate software tools to respond to alerts.
3. Review work schedules on a daily basis and ensure they are properly processed and service levels are met.
4. Create incident and problem tickets, escalating to the appropriate areas, communicate status updates and follow through to ensure service or products are restored.
5. Start up and shutdown production and test servers and services and assist with system maintenance as required.
6. Respond to network related events, analyzing impact and assisting in incident resolution.
7. Work with all levels of management, internal and external clients, technical staff and vendors.
8. Participate in internal and external audits and meet compliance training deadlines.
9. Contribute to department metric reporting.
10. Able to work weekends.
Travel is not required of this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
- Associates Degree and technical experience OR 3 years of work experience using distributed system management system software tools: HP OVO and MS SCOM
- 3 years of experience using an incident and problem management tool such as CA Service Desk to generate, research and escalate tickets
- 2 years of experience analyzing and resolving first level technical problems independently
- 2 years of desktop experience using Microsoft Word and E-mail software or similar products
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled