At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. Job Location
United States : Illinois : Aurora Alternate Job Location
United States : Florida : Tampa Job DescriptionFunctional Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and MetLife internal areas including claims and contracts to advocate for the customer's needs.
- Develops strong relationships to drive issue resolution and root cause analysis and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in complex Core and Voluntary product implementations with multiple products or plan structures. Orients customer to key tools and resources that will improve their customer experience. Through the implementation process, becomes familiar with plan design and structure, assists in coordinating smooth and effortless experience for customer.
- Coordinate and facilitates key customer meetings in person or via conference call to build trusting relationships and customer satisfaction. Demonstrates understanding of the customer's benefit needs and priorities while maintaining an awareness and knowledge of industry trends and product/service options to influence the most positive benefit outcomes. Partner with Sales and others to anticipate needs and exceed expectations while also playing a lead role in annual account planning sessions.
- Resolves issues of high complexity independently for both Core and Voluntary products, Ensures customer issues are resolved in one call or contact where possible or refers customer inquiries to appropriate party for swift issue resolution. Ensure appropriate follow through on all open customer issues and inquiries.
- Support ongoing and enhanced usage of key service features and reports to promote client education and satisfaction.
- Takes ownership to research and respond to inquiry issues while maintaining accountability to ensure appropriate follow through and resolution to achieve best results for customer and MetLife. Think outside the box and provide creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Participate in special projects or be selected to participate based on subject matter expertise. Participates in advanced training as assigned/required or desired. May act as mentor to others on the team.
- Represents group customer interests in change efforts, asks questions, seeks clarification, and offers contributions to change efforts based on area of expertise.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years related experience
- Significant experience with Microsoft office and multiple complex systems or software
- Ability to establish and build strong working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Demonstrated solutions orientation and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated professionalism and polish with customers and internal partners of all levels within the company.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining commitment to accuracy and quality work.
Global Operations Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 09M