GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Client Service Technician
Products Logistics Repairs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Ocean Springs, Mobile
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, & perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customers' basic biomedical equipment. Performs Preventative Maintenance & Field Modification Instruction in one or more modalities of equipment. Works with experienced Field Service Engineers & Biomedical Technicians to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Role is in Ocean Springs, MS
1. Work with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting and service repair needs on designated equipment. Perform 'First Look' on at least one imaging or LCS modality.
2. Under supervision, evaluate basic, customer biomedical equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs, and as assigned, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections.
3. Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instructions. Assist more experienced Field Engineers with equipment installation.
4. Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and ongoing customer satisfaction.
5. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and completes necessary documentation.
6. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
7. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
8. Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities (e.g., maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, managing cycle times).
9. Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national support to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
10. Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
11. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical, electronics, IT or mechanical equipment.
2. Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
3. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
4. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
6. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
2. Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
3. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
4. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
5. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
6. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
7. Empower and inspire others.
8. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.