Job Location: St Louis, MO
Serves as the primary administrative contact responsible for daily administrative functions and operational support to MetLife’s Group Variable Universal Life clients. Works closely with internal departments to ensure good relationships are maintained with clients, brokers and certificate holders.
- Responsible for daily administrative functions and various client requested reports/projects for assigned cases.
- Reviewing enrollment forms for good order, approving guaranteed issue coverage and determining applicable effective date, completing maximum premium calculations, processing salary changes, service requests and associated coverage/premium changes for group participants,
- Approving form 5500 for tax reporting purposes
- Processing service requests for changes in coverage and premium, identifying delinquent accounts and providing notification to Client Executives, coordinating verbal and written communications with clients for administrative purposes.
- Prepares monthly premium bills, applies premium receipts and reconciles monthly billings to remittances according to SEC regulations.
- Calculates coverage and premium amounts and ensures accurate application of premium based on plan provisions.
- Reviews reports conducting error analysis and works to correct all errors resulting from failed processing rules, bad data requirements or file layouts.
- Resolution of errors may require working with client to modify/transfer data protocols.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure good relationships are maintained with clients, brokers, third party administrators and certificate holders.
- Serves as key contact to call center on complex issues.
- Anticipates problems and identifies opportunities through knowledge of client’s business.
- Assists Client Executives in managing existing relationships.
- Initiates and/or participates in conference calls with clients, brokers and third party administrators to resolve administrative issues.
- Prioritizes workload on an assigned block of business to ensure specified turnaround objectives are met or exceeded.
- May also monitor for potential TEFRA/TAMRA violations and subsequent follow up
- Processing of service requests for group participants.
- High School Diploma with 5 years Insurance industry work experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in insurance or financial services
- Customer service or billing/remittance experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 50001
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.