United States : Nebraska : Lincoln Role Value Proposition:
Using knowledge of the Group Life, AD&D and BTA death process, provide guidance and support to benefit administrators, employees and the survivors of co-op employees. Coordinate the submissions of claims (Life, AD&D and BTA) with various departments within NRECA and the Life claims team for MetLife. Serve as the initial point of contact for claim issues and escalations, including requests for claims status, payment issues. Reports all escalations to NRECA lead and ensure all responses are provided within 24 hours of receipt of the complaint. Serve as initial point of contact and resource for internal and external requests for information on portability, conversion and statement of health applications as well as estate resolution, grief counseling and travel assist. The CSC will ultimately need to refer the person to the appropriate areas for action. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Provide expertise and knowledge of the MetLink system in order to work directly with NRECA staff to develop and improve the Life, AD&D and BTA death and dismemberment claim process.
- Electronically process life claims in Metlink according to MetLife standards.
- Work with NRECA lead on process improvements and educational materials
- Facilitate obtaining all the data necessary from employers for the death claims process. Will make outbound calls as directed to gather current salary and last day worked for ER statement completion.
- Work with claimants who have assigned benefits to a funeral home to facilitate the claim or have questions as to how to start the process of assignment.
- Proactively contact co-op benefit administrators as requested to obtain employer information needed to submit the claim when a death claim is reported to NRECA.
- Periodically request updated contact information from NRECA.
- Advises co-op benefit administrators and/or claimants on additional support opportunities available through the program, including funeral planning, estate resolution and grief counseling. Facilitates getting interested parties in touch with additional resources.
- Work with claimants to explain the additional AD&D benefits when applicable.
- As requested work with co-ops to connect with vendor (HRI/Humana) to co-ordinate Grief Counseling for work place accidents.
- Notify NRECA lead of all escalations and complaints and ensure that responses are provided within 24 hours.
- Partner with Cooperative Benefit Administrators, BSR's and other co-op staff as well as leadership within NRECA and MetLife to provide exceptional customer service.
- Work with NRECA lead to provide assistance and guidance to the Life Claims team, when needed, on difficult or escalated claim issues, such as foreign deaths, estates, trusts, denials, etc.
- As requested works with NRECA lead, Corporate Counsel and MetLife Group Life claims team on legal issues for NRECA death benefits.
- Participate in meetings and presentations with NRECA and MetLife claims team on Call Tracking or Death process.
- Maintain quality standards for customer service, accuracy and turnaround times.
- Keep up to date with MetLife procedures by attending training through MetLife as well as utilizing the Institutional Life Claims Library.
- Continually monitor and provide feedback and suggestions for process improvements at both MetLife and NRECA.
- Serve as a resource to NRECA staff regarding questions on portability, conversion and statement of health applications.
- Responsible for keeping MetLife claim forms current and up to date.
- Acts as initial resource and point of contact for questions on Travel Assistance.
- Generate individual annuity proposals through MetLink and provide to NRECA staff for distribution.
- Strong Technical knowledge of the Life, AD&D and BTA Plans Strong procedural knowledge of the NRECA and MetLife Death claims process
- Strong interpersonal skills which include the ability to handle face to face situations with the customer with tact, compassion and diplomacy
- Minimum of 3 months employment experience with MetLife (to be obtained once hired)
- Organize work in order to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and requests with multiple deadlines
- Ability to develop the trust and confidence of the customer
- Ability to handle multiple demands and shift priorities when necessary
- Demonstrates NRECA and MetLife values and core competencies
- Uses knowledge of the MetLife and NRECA Death claims processes to facilitate accurate benefit decisions by MetLife claims team (to be obtained once hired)
- Ability to respond to questions or issues raised by the Examiners regarding MetLife claims process
- Works collaboratively with others, especially NRECA team members to share best practices and develop process improvements
- Shares knowledge and information openly
- Takes personal accountability and pride in meeting multiple requirements timely and accurately
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independent with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel for reports and tracking
Sales Number of Openings
1 At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 09M