Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a varied position with a high level of responsibility within the Client Servicing team, within Investment Manager Services (IMS). This Client Service Sr. Associate acts as the assistant manager to the team Officer (Manager). The team is responsible for monitoring service delivery to clients (Internal and External), proactive management of service issues, and the resolution of all client (Internal and External) initiated queries.The characteristics of this role are:
- Provide a high standard of client servicing / support to our clients (Internal and External)
- Effectively communicate with clients, custodians, brokers, managers, and peers within State Street.
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Be a key contact for the clients (Internal and External) in escalations and complex market and product questions
- Support the development of a 'best practice' Client Service model across IMS globally.
- Work effectively with peers locally and across the regions to achieve common goals
- Influence the team positively while enhancing the work culture
- Ensure all daily deadlines and deliverables are met by each member of the team (checklists).
- Act as a resource to staff in resolving complex issues.
- Assists staff in determining next course of action in extraordinary production issues.
- Follow-up and promptly close all escalations.
- Ensure adequate support at all times.
- Rearrange desk responsibilities to ensure coverage during staff absences & training.
- Advise internal and external client of desk coverage changes.
- Maintain team vacation calendar while coordinating across N.A., APAC and EMEA.
- Occasionally assume production support responsibilities to cover absences & training.
- Monitor recon breaks daily. Summarize items that require attention and follow up with the rest of the team for prompt resolution.
- Assist team in researching aged breaks.
- Recon root cause analysis, propose and deploy solutions
- BCP preparedness: Document and test coordinator.
- Complete all required training within the specified deadlines
Policies and procedures:
- Prepare monthly metric reports
- STP/Fail Root cause analysis
- Prepare QSR reporting
- Prepare Monthly Invoices for manager sign-off
- Review and make periodic changes to internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with staff to perform self tests on policies and procedures.
- Monitor Global Market communications
- Participate in client (Internal and External) driven projects
- Seek opportunities to improve existing processes
- Assist manager in coordinating team resources to participate in initiatives
- Participate in internal forums to address issues and training needs
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- excellent attention to detail
- Must be responsible and take ownership of all allocated tasks
- Must be organized and able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to handle numerous activities and prioritize work effectively.
- must be pro-active and a problem solver
- must demonstrate highly professional behavior when dealing with all key stakeholders
- Must be flexible, often dealing with ad-hoc queries from client (Internal and External).
- must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritization
- a team player
- Proven track record in a client service environmentand/or operations based experience with client contact, with a minimum 3-5 years client service experience
- Excellent understanding of the Investment Management industry, with a minimum 5 years industry experience
- Good understanding of Investment Manager Operations, particularly around processes and key deliverablesas well as understanding of Lending Operations
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize under pressure
- Good understanding of State Street operations - technical, systems, policies and procedures - is an advantage
- Experience in account or relationship management is certainly a merit
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 144625
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.