Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Client Solution Director, Consulting Services
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we're committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, Internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
A quota carrying position, the Client Solution Director
is a strategic advisory role responsible for architecting and positioning transformational solutions into many of our largest and most strategic accounts.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close synergy with the Solution Principal and core account teams to manage assigned services sales and margin targets. Position Dell EMC solutions to meet customer requirements and become a trusted advisor for services.
- Use knowledge of the relevant customer industry, technology, processes, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of our business and implementation expertise.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Dell EMC solution opportunities.
- Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account and core account team.
- Develop the trust to independently lead solutions sales campaigns within large accounts.
- Drive business development and pre-sales initiatives by leveraging both industry and technical background.
- Demonstrate ability to advance sales campaigns in a needs-based and highly participative fashion including consultative dialog, cross-functional engagement (both within the account and Dell EMC), and facilitated workshops.
- Represent full Dell Technologies portfolio with broad understanding and expertise in Data Center, Cloud, Applications
- You have an excellent grasp of the overall IT landscape and are able to easily and comfortably speak on relevant current and future industry trends
- You have a demonstrated track record of driving strategic consulting services into new and existing accounts while consistently achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual goals.
- You can clearly articulate the company's view of IT Transformation and specifically the Dell EMC Consulting point of view on transformation.
- You are an effective and credible story teller with a strong ability to map customer challenges to our capabilities, regardless of the practice or competency, and can link those conversations back to business outcomes.
- You have excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills allowing you to engage client audiences ranging from technical implementers up through CTO/CIO levels.
- You thrive in an intense team atmosphere, while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of solution alternatives
- Bachelors (Non -Technical)
- 10+ years outside consultative/solutions sales experience in large enterprise customer settings
- Proven track record of success with commensurate income levels
- Experience leading efforts resulting in $1M+ typical transaction value
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R15759