Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell EMC is the world leader in information storage systems, software, networks, and services that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion of content. Dell EMC solutions are enabling enterprises of all kinds to unite information as one resource, harness it as one source of value, and leverage it as one asset to reach the goals of the organization. If you thrive in a challenging, results-oriented, and rewarding environment take a closer look at one of Fortune's 100, and Washington Post 2015's Best Places to Work, Dell EMC Team up with the world leader and achieve your own ambitious goals! Dell EMC wants to talk to candidates interested in the following opportunity: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close synergy with the Solution Principal and core account teams to manage assigned services sales and margin targets. Position Dell EMC solutions to meet customer requirements and become a trusted advisor for services.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Dell EMC solution opportunities. Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account and core account team. Develop the trust to independently lead solutions sales campaigns within large accounts. Possess excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to engage client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Drive business development and pre-sales initiatives by leveraging both industry and technical background. Earn a reputation for growing and closing solutions business to be sought by Dell EMC Sales Management to lead/drive the integration and growth throughout their territory.
- Use knowledge of industry, technology, processes, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of our business expertise and associated implementation expertise. Demonstrate ability to advance sales campaigns in a needs-based and highly participative fashion including consultative dialog, cross-functional engagement (both within the account and Dell EMC), and facilitated workshops.
- A quota carrying position, the CSD is responsible for demand creation, pipeline management, accurate forecasting of, and achievement of the bookings plan for services and solutions business in assigned accounts. Understand the power of credentials, and is able to leverage appropriate success stories that are relevant to a particular prospect and/or sales situation. Stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and independently provide reliable booking forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery mission/project to another. Attend major Project Milestones and Executive Reviews. Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources. Demonstrate a broad understanding of systems development lifecycle as it relates to hardware and software products.
- Proven experience driving strategic consulting services into new and existing accounts while consistently achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual goals by generating and maintaining a qualified pipeline. Independently prospect and conduct new meetings on a weekly basis.
- Valuable asset to the core Dell EMC sales team leveraging technical acumen, relationship development and consultative/solutions selling skills to facilitate a solutions based engagement model.
- Effectively leverage industry and competency resources as well as Dell EMC business units to advance account relationships and sales campaigns.
- Cultivate client relationships throughout the sales and delivery process for mutual long term success.
- Possess and demonstrate capability to uncover needs and create value based solutions for the clients; proactively maintain expertise of the IT industry and competitive landscape and successfully articulate Dell EMC's competitive differentiators which will drive value for the client.
- Excellent information gathering skills to communicate client business needs to delivery team for further evaluation. Ability to develop business solutions for clients and communicating them through design documents, written proposals and presentations.
- Possesses the ability to challenge the customer's status quo; with the confidence, business acumen, industry/technical knowledge and consultative skills to take a position and lead the directional discussions with the customer.
- Bachelors (Non -Technical)
- 7 -10+ Years outside consultative/solutions experience, large enterprise customers,
Experience with transactions ranging from $200K - $3M+, proven track record of success with commensurate
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R18286