Client Success Engineer Level 3 | Opower
Location: San Francisco, CA or Arlington, VA ONLY
About the Job
Oracle | Opower is looking for a service-oriented Client Success Engineer to join our growing Client Support team and help support our global utility clients in their goal of driving energy efficiency and customer engagement.
Oracle | Opower Client Support Engineers are technically skilled, love working with customers, and have the desire to work on meaningful, large-scale energy efficiency software production systems. You will have the opportunity to interface with our utility clients, Implementation Teams, Production Operations, Product Management, etc. to work on exciting and complex client and production inquiries. As Opower continues to grow at a rapid pace, this position offers a great opportunity for an individual to grow their career within the team or other areas across the organization.
If you're excited by the idea of being part of a rapidly growing suite of software products where you can grow your technical skills while having a positive impact on the environment, we want to meet you. Help us engage the millions of people who are in the dark about their energy use!
• Work with Implementation Teams, Engineering, Product, and System Operations to triage and address production issues and requests with Opower clients
• Gather and analyze information, evaluate impacts, resolve or escalate issues as needed
• Manage client and internal expectations around resolutions and timelines
• Ensure support service level agreements (SLAs) are managed and met
• Work on special projects to help improve processes, documentation, and overall client experience
• Deliver in-person training sessions and webinars about Opower products to utility clients
• Flexibility to participate in a rotational on-call schedule
• Act as a client-facing subject matter expert
• Able to travel up to 15%
• Extremely customer focused and service-oriented
• 4-6 years of experience in a consulting, software development, 2nd or 3rd tier technical support, technical project management, or other technical role
• Intermediate SQL/MySQL or databases troubleshooting experience/skills
• Comfortable working in UNIX command line, and understand UNIX file permissions
• Technical hands-on troubleshooting skills
• Experience supporting a 'Software as a Service' platform
• Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of clients and delivering trainings
• Bachelor's degree (Math, Physics, Computer Science, Business, or Engineering preferred)
Candidates must be able to work in our Downtown San Francisco or Arlington Virginia office to be considered at this time
No Remote work option available
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.