Location Downtown San Francisco
The Manager, Customer Success will join the Utility Industry's largest SaaS Analytics practice and will be critical to the future direction and growth of our analytics business. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of several key Oracle | DataRaker engagements. The Manager, Customer Success will oversee the day-to-day interactions with clients, track all aspects of client engagements, including business and technical activities (e.g., interface design specifications, analytic test specifications, system configuration and basic technical support). The ideal candidate has a solid technical background in the areas described below, along with a good understanding of the utility industry in general, and meter systems and meter data in particular.
The following tasks are examples of the responsibilities of the Project Manager:
• Manage and report on the day-to-day progress of all assigned clients. Individuals will typically work with 2-3 clients at any given time.
• Participate in all client meetings, including on-site and off-site sessions. Travel is required, with about 25% travel depending on the stage of the engagement.
• Meet with business and IT representatives of the clients to gather requirements on data sources, IT systems, and other technical considerations.
• Develop specifications for the development or modification of data interfaces into the Oracle | DataRaker system.
• Develop specifications for the various analytical functions that will meet the client's business needs.
• Direct the work of analysts to develop and configure analytical solutions to generate the results required by clients.
• Consult with clients and other Oracle | DataRaker team members to address and resolve technical issues as they arise.
• Perform or direct various ad-hoc analytical queries required to fulfill customer engagements.
• Communicate regularly with customer representatives and other Oracle Utilities Analytics management personnel.
• Track the progress of each engagement against goals.
• Actively seek opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
Background / Experience
• 5-10 years total work experience with a minimum of 4 years as a project manager, sales engineer or quantitative analyst/consultant with some management and client facing experience.
• High GPA degree in a technical or quantitative field, preferably engineering, science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or computer science.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and oral - along with client management experience.
• Solid foundation in data analysis, analytic modeling, and database management, including the ability to write basic code and develop analytic models (Excel).
• Experience in translating business requirements into data requirements, as well as interfaces and analysis specifications.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Travel required 25% of time.
• Experience in the electric, gas or water utility industry is a plus - specific experience within meter-to-cash, energy efficiency, and/or network planning and operations is ideal.
• Enterprise software experience.
• Knowledge and experience in network, database and systems administration.
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.