Put your enterprise architecture, industry, and information technology expertise to work helping one of the world's largest enterprises solve their most complex business and technical challenges. We have an immediate opportunity to join IBM's North America Technical Sales team, as a Client Technical Leader.
As the Client Technical Leader, you will be responsible for helping customers design and deploy IBM solutions to drive additional business value for them while expanding IBM's business. CTLs develop and maintain proven, trusted client relationships at all levels within the client's organization and act as IBM's enterprise architects. As a strategic thinker and business influencer, you will create roadmaps and technical plans to contribute to the strategic goals of your clients while collaborating with client leadership, IBM sales leadership and IBM ecosystem partners. You will lead the technical sales effort in pursuit of innovative solution designs, addressing customer requirements, creating business solutions, and recommending implementation techniques to customers.
The role requires technical expertise of IBM technology and services offerings, with the ability to lead the client and IBM team in developing solutions. Team leadership and interpersonal capabilities are a requirement. Experience in field technical sales is preferred. Criteria for success include growth of IBM revenue, establishment of client relationships, client satisfaction, client adoption of IBM strategic platforms, opportunity identification, innovative client solutions, and cross-IBM teaming.
- Proven ability to articulate and deliver compelling, industry focused, technical solutions and value propositions.
- Clear understanding of business trends, issues and new technologies in the food distribution industry.
- Successful track record and experience leading technical projects from design through implementation.
- In-depth, technical business development, sales and/or consulting experience.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively across teams with varying skills, industry expertise and objectives. Successful track record working with and leveraging resources cross-functionally in an organization to implement an initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Driven and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence in everything they do.
This is a relationship-based sales leadership position that requires the candidate to live in the Houston, TX area.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.