& Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group
within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Clinical Account Specialist, for
Biosense Webster located in the San Diego, CA area. The CSS Group consists of six diverse
businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense
Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a
diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Cardiovascular
and Electrophysiology (EP),
Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical
Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing
and treating heart rhythm disorders
and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson
& Johnson. Learn more at Biosense Webster at <a
- The Clinical Account Specialist (CAS) will provide expert clinical
product and technical assistance and training to physicians and EP Lab Staff on
the effective use of BWI’s systems and catheter equipment (e.g., The CARTO®
System and associated software modules and RF generator) during case procedures
within an assigned geography, and in a manner that leads to meeting and
exceeding business goals.
- Educate customers on all BWI products to optimize effective usage
by providing technical and clinical information and in-service trainings.
- Collaborates with peers to share best practices to increase value
- Use consultative selling techniques to identify potential sales
opportunities within the account.
- Creates awareness of BWI solutions and facilitates Territory Sales
Manager (TM) contact with the key decision makers to drive incremental
- Maximize customer case support capability through proper planning
and scheduling techniques.
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of
communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod
(i.e. TM and other CAS), as well as the support team (i.e. Ultrasound CAS, FSE,
RBD) and other internal and external partners.
- Develop and share best practices with US Field Sales and Service
colleagues and internal partners.
- Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within
and beyond the EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and
technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
- Stay current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best
practices and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical
literature and new product information.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress
- Maintain composure and problem solving focus during stressful
- Engage in diagnostic dialogue with multiple internal and external
business partners and stakeholders, and formulate solutions based on dialogue
and input gained during session.
- Provide mentoring for new BWI commercial team members as
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail from customers,
practitioners and partners.
- Additional duties include performing administrative work,
including managing account documentation, compliance training requirements,
expense reporting, and Company system input.
- Maintaining Safe Fleet standards according to Company
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or
opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company
guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all
resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all
Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
other duties assigned as needed.
- A minimum of a
Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years of relevant professional work/military experience
- A minimum of 2 years of
clinical or technical work experience in a patient care or hospital environment,
or completion of the Company’s ACAS program
- A valid Driver’s License
- Will be required to
maintain advanced clinical knowledge of cardiac ablation and cardio imaging,
technical knowledge of EP technology, advancements, and the business
- Maintain clinical
knowledge of healthcare industry, disease states, and therapeutic and
- The ability to travel
related to this role is required. Must be willing and able to travel up
to 40% overnight locally, regionally, and nationally, sometimes on short notice.
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time, working in
a hospital laboratory setting, attending live patient cases, and wearing
protective gear (i.e. lead aprons), and willing to work variable hours to meet
- May be required to lift
up to 60 lbs.
Lab or EP/Cardiovascular Device Industry experience.
- Maintaining at least one
of the following industry certifications – CEPS (IBHRE), RCES/RCIS
- Experience working with
highly complex technical systems and/or working in a critical patient care
- Effective and timely
communicator with co-workers and all levels of patient care team.
- Self-starter who
performs well with autonomy and can be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Problem solver who can
think critically in high pressure environments.
- Receptive to
constructive feedback and collaborates and works well in team environment.
- Able to take large
amounts of data and translate information into actionable insights
- Hunger for learning and
building new skills
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT
you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson
Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson
Companies are equal opportunity employers.
United States-California-San DiegoOrganization
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function