At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people.
Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Clinical Analyst serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a limited set of clinical applications (1 to 2 applications). Primary responsibilities include assisting with facilitation of the facility's core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities, second level support as a local clinical subject matter expert on a limited set of applications to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources, and participation in new module/application testing and implementation for the facility. The Clinical Analyst works under the supervision of either the IT&S Director at the facility, a Division Clinical Specialist, or a Sr. Clinical Analyst to perform their duties. This individual facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries and provides input to division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility. This individual works with Sr. Clinical Analysts, the Division Clinical Specialist Team, and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed, and to implement division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for clinical applications. A Clinical Analyst may be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a limited set of clinical applications.
- Assists in facilitating the facility's core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities.
- Provides second level support as a local limited clinical subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources; provides status on user issues.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Provides on-call assistance as needed.
- Participates in new module/application testing and implementation for the facility.
- Facilitates and manages maintenance of facility-specific dictionaries.
- Provides input to base division policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the facility.
- Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed.
- Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to actively promote and support division standardization, utilization, integration and optimization plans for a limited set of clinical applications.
- Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to system use.
- Participates in meetings as a member of facility clinical leadership.
- May develop clinical application reports as needed.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the execution and use of tools for audits.
- Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.).
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES Required
- Clinical operations and process understanding
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
- Customer service orientation and/or training
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One year experience in clinical application support
- Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty preferred, if available
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom