We are currently looking for qualified Clinical Assistant III to work in the hospital located in the bay area! the ideal candidate should be able to do the following duties:
Demonstrates appropriate procedures for in scheduling clinic visits and hospital services. Schedules return patients appointments according to clinic policy and scheduling guidelines.
Determines pre-registration status and ensures accurate registration of patient, including updating accurate demographics and insurance information; validating authorization; and collecting and recording co-payments.
Manages paperwork with the clinic. This includes the processing of forms related to patient check-in and checkout, assists in locating and preparing medical records for patient visit.
Answers the phone promptly and courteously according to telephone Standards. Records messages accurate and appropriately assists the callers by providing clear information and/or transferring the call to location.
Monitors activity within the patient waiting area, addressing patient/family comfort and safety. Communicates appropriately with patients/family when waiting time exceeds expectations.
Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment for the patients, family and clinic personnel. Includes, but is not limited to: maintaining supplies, equipment and forms; notifying appropriate personnel when cleaning and repair of equipment is needed; following infection control policies; maintaining knowledge of life safety, patient safety, fire and electrical safety and disaster plan.
Participates in ongoing professional development and competency assessment. Attends educational classes appropriate to job development, and communicates additional training needs to direct supervisor. Attends staff meetings, orients new staff, and cross-trains for positions in assigned or other areas.
Completes other duties, as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: 2 years of progressively responsible office or administrative experience, particularly with scheduling patient visits.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills in all interactions with patients and family. This includes both telephone and face to face situations. Communicates with patients/families, and other health care team members, in and efficient, professional and courteous manner.
• Demonstrates active listening skills and supportive, professional behavior at all times.
• Familiarity, knowledgeable and understands medical terminology
• Maintains confidentiality of all materials, information gathered.
• Ability to use and apply standard business communication skills (spelling, handwriting/penmanship, grammar, writing, verbal, listening)
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to arrange and schedule meetings using Microsoft Outlook
• Ability to organize, plan and gather information.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow directions from one or more managers
• Ability to follow standard operating processes and procedures
If interested please submit your updated resume in word format for consideration by COB October 10, 2016 since managers are actively interviewing candidates!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.