The Coordinator collects and analyzes data, monitors and follows through on reports, and prepares summaries and action plans to improve compliance with deficiencies related to Advanced Clinicals and other Meditech Initiatives.
The Coordinator interfaces with hospital based stakeholders, identifying and remedying issues through continuous customer satisfaction data and involvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Audits using tools for data collection of electronic health record deficiencies related to Advanced Clinicals and future projects relating to Meditech
- Trends and analyzes data using sound statistical tools to show areas of improvement and opportunities to improve
- Collaborates with Staff, Nurses, Directors, IT&S team members, and Providers to help identify process improvement opportunities and then follows through to ensure action plans have been implemented
- Prepares reports and gives updates to Senior Leadership, Providers, Nursing, Staff, and IT&S regarding Meditech initiatives
- Educates team members and physicians to help support improvements
- Supports regulatory compliance initiatives
- Provides assistance to the directors of the Quality Department, which may occasionally involve coverage at another East Florida Division entity
- Supports the mission and vision of the East Florida Division and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times
- Understands and is committed to helping the East Florida Division and its associated facilities achieve its goals
- Must Learn and Comply with Division and Facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools, or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function
- Adheres to the East Florida Division and HCA Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues, and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations, or the Code of Conduct itself
- Completes other duties as assigned
Qualifications: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or activities within it
- Quality Orientation - Paying attention to detail and aspects of the process to promote quality outcomes
- Managing Work (includes time management) - Effectively plans activities and uses time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Technical/Professional Knowledge - Having achieved a satisfactory level of knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices applied in performance measurement and process improvement in healthcare setting
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity) handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Organization - Proactively prioritize initiatives and have keen ability to multi-task
- Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer orientation - Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- PC skills - Knowledge of Meditech and Microsoft Office applications
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Some travel within the East Florida Division may be required.
Approximately 75% or more inside work.
See employee health documents for OSHA category and other employee health issues
See employee health documents for physical demand requirements.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires ability to fly on airplanes and work in diverse office settings. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
- Two years related hospital and/or healthcare industry experience required
- Understanding & proficiency with Medical Terminology
- Prior Health Information Management experience and/or credentials preferred
- Prior Electronic Health Record related experience preferred (Meditech Advanced Clinicals preferred)
- Experience and proficiency with Meditech functionality preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom