LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. Additional Information about our Medical/Surgical Unit:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (summary)*
- 36-Bed Surgical Unit and 33-Bed Medical Unit
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- Conducts Daily Interdisciplinary Rounds
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- New leaders with a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Under the direction of a Nursing Department Director:
1. Demonstrates clinical competence within the specialty Scope of Practice.
2. Under the direction of Department Director, assists clinical coaches and assures that orientation for employees is completed and in accordance with policy.
3. Pursues own professional growth and development through obtaining/maintaining specialty certification, and seeks opportunities for growth.
4. Possesses strong knowledge base of regulatory standards. Under the direction of Department Director, maintains a state of readiness in accordance with regulations and standards; takes appropriate action to identify and correct gaps.
5. Demonstrates teamwork, flexibility and creative problem-solving skills when dealing with others including those culturally diverse, departmental staff, physicians, patients, or families.Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED Licensure:
1. Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
2. Registered Nurse with "multi-state privilege" granted to them by virtue of holding a license in one of the states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact Agreement and who has not established permanent residency in Virginia. REQUIRED Certifications/Credentials: BLS,
Basic Life Support Certification from one of the following: American Heart Association ( AHA) Healthcare Provider , T he Military Training Network
(MTN) BLS for Healthcare Provider, American Red Cross
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI
) G2010 CPR Pro for the Professional Rescuer ACLS,
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association NRP,
Neonatal Resuscitation Program PALS,
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association Preferred Certifications/Credentials:
Member of a national professional nursing organization
ACLS certification unless specified as required above
Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization REQUIRED Education:
BSN or enrollment in BSN program required within first two years of employment and completion of BSN within five years of employment. REQUIRED Experience:
Two years Registered Nurse experience
Demonstrated proficiency in leadership and management within the specialty PREFERRED Experience:
Two years' experience as RN in a Charge Nurse role within the area of specialty
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."