The Clinical Coordinator:
1. Assists the Director with projects, committee preparation, and other information management and duties as assigned.
2. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and maintains relationships respectfully with all customers.
3. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of processes in the unit and throughout the facility on an ongoing basis
4. Supports the mission of the hospital and provision of care for the assigned unit and throughout the facility
5. Directly supervises all staff on the assigned unit(s)
6. Promotes teamwork with all staff and other stakeholders and customers
7. Utilizes the standards of Nursing Practice by the ANA and organize, modify, evaluate, document, and maintain the individualized plan of care.
1. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
2. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
3. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
4. Flexible and Service oriented
5. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. Quality/Ethics/Integrity: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members' goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs
4. Adaptability: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies and:
1. Serves as clinical expert and clinical leader of the assigned unit
2. Serves in the charge nurse role as needed during the assigned shift
3. Actively participates in staffing as needed
4. Flexible scheduling to maintain unit standards for care and patient safety
5. Serves as the unit exemplar for Unit, Facility, and Company-wide metrics, training,
and patient satisfactionQualifications:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
High school diploma or GED-required
Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN
• State of Georgia RN License required
• BLS required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- intra-operative nursing experience (prefer two years of Circulating experience).
• 2-3 years as Registered Nurse in an Acute Care setting -required
• Procedural nursing experience-preferred
• Previous management experience - preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners' needs
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to serve as clinical role model for hospital staff: clinical metrics, clinical education, clinical critical thinking, culture of HCA/CHS Mission and Values
To patients in accordance with guidelines established to include the treatment, management, and diagnostic evaluation of all populations:
Adult and geriatric, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom