Respiratory Clinical Coordinator Full Time Days
Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the patient's Respiratory Plan of Care in accordance with the Department's Standards.
- Performs and documents diagnostic and therapeutic procedures required by patient assignment consistent with scientific principles, Hospital and department policies, patient age and/or developmental needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific respiratory conditions, diseases and treatment therapies for the specific patient population served.
- Demonstrates understanding of compliance with the six national patient goals as appropriate to their role.
- Takes leadership role in response to acute cardiopulmonary emergencies.
- Discusses patient care with physician and/or primary care giver.
- Coordinates the patient's respiratory care needs with other services and departments throughout the Hospital.
- Functions as Preceptor or teaches formal classes within the facility/organization/ Network.
- Functions as a Staff Therapist during staffing shortages.
- Performs all personnel procedures in a timely, accurate and professional manner to include, but not limited to: annual evaluations, quarterly reviews, update of staff files, orientation and training, JCAHO requirements, policy and procedure knowledge, attendance of all supervisor's meetings and other scheduled meetings
- Schedules and assigns work, evaluates the performance of subordinate therapists and provides first level resolution of formal employee grievances.
- Makes regular ward rounds to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of respiratory therapy services, consulting with nursing supervisory and medical personnel as may be required to coordinate patient care services.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends new services to enhance and increase the revenue base of the department.
- FL RRT licensure
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an acute care setting
- Must have experience performing Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Minimum of 5 years of RT experience in an acute care experience
- Experience in Level II or Level III NICU strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong Critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50lb
Keywords: Respiratory Supervisor, RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist,
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom