• Advanced degree (MD or MD/PhD) with sub-specialty in Oncology and/or Immunology with clinical development experience is required.
• 5+ years' academic clinical investigation or pharmaceutical clinical development experience.
• Keen understanding of drug development.
• Relevant experience in early phase drug development and translational medicine is an advantage.
• Strategic thinker who is able to implement and drive a strategic vision.
• Ability to build valuable relationships at all levels within the internal organization as well as in external community
• Ability to effectively influence senior stakeholders.
• Proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure quality, timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
• Managerial experience with demonstrated track record of successfully managing high-performance cross-functional matrix teams in a complex organization with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to discriminate between critical and non-critical activities and to follow established processes while identifying areas for process improvement.
• Attention to detail with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, high- level negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
As noted above
Start-up setting supported by pharma resources
GSK is investing big in developing novel cell & gene therapies. With the first such therapy in the industry for adenosine deaminase deficiency - severe combined immunodeficiency (ADA-SCID) now approved in Europe, GSK is positioned to become a leader in the field. One of the top priorities of the GSK Cell & Gene Therapy R&D effort is oncology. Through the alliance with Adaptimmune established in 2014, GSK Oncology is testing the NY-ESO-1 TCR therapy for a variety of cancer types. The recent announcement of GSK opt-in of NY-ESO-1 TCR therapy is a further testimony of GSK's commitment in building up cell therapy for oncology. Other in-house efforts focus on a spectrum of approaches including CAR-Ts and TCR-Ts. Together with monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), bi-specific antibodies, and small molecules, Cell & Gene Therapy is one of the four cornerstones for GSK Oncology.
Global R&D foot print extended by alliance with world leading cancer centers
In addition to internal resources, GSK oncology has established a collaborative consortium with 6 world leading cancer centers throughout North America and Europe (see details at http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v32/n3/full/nbt0314-206.html). These world renowned cancer centers collaborate with GSK oncology in discovery, translational and clinical research to advance new drug R&D globally.
Transform cancer treatment by joining and leading Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy at GSK
The GSK oncology team has an ambitious mission to leverage the cell & gene therapy platform to develop transformational cancer treatments. We are looking for a world-class talent to lead our effort in building scientific excellence and bringing these cell and gene therapies to cancer patients in need.
The candidate will have strong experience and success with cancer immunotherapy clinical trials, and preferably with these cell & gene therapies. He/she further has a profound understanding of both theoretic and practical aspects of the clinical, translational and basic research aspects of cancer immunotherapy and the cell & gene therapy. Knowledge of upstream and downstream product development and quality control is a plus.
Please use the cover letter to highlight how you meet the qualifications and competencies for the role. Your CV along with your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.