Provides consultation, education and direction for the Dietary Department and provides nutritional care and education for the patient population.
- Provides appropriate nutritional counseling per physician orders
- Assists in the proper administration of special diets per physician orders
- Assists in the proper nutritional content of the rotating 30 day menu
- Collects nutritional data that is comprehensive and accurate
- Documents relevant patient information as required
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures as requested or required
- Participates in staffing, team meetings, consultations, etc. as requested or required
- Maintains documentation as requested or required
- Networks with peers and colleagues both within the organization and in the community
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as requested or required
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
- Employee's conduct reflects the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition from an accredited institution.
- Must possess current Registered Dietitian credential.
- Current licensure from Texas Department of Health.
- Prefer at least two years hospital food service experience.
- Prefer experience in the treatment of eating disorders
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom