Clinical Dietitian - PRN (As Needed) ***NICU and Pediatric Experience Preferred***
Location : Medical City Frisco Hospital
The Dietitian leads the processes in place to ensure that the patients' nutritional needs are met. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conducts and implements comprehensive nutritional assessments for patients
- Assesses, plans, writes and evaluates patient diets.
- Plans menus in accordance with patient dietary requirements and general dietetic standards and regulations.
- Instructs and counsels patients on dietary restrictions/recommendations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams providing input regarding treatment plans.
- Directs and supervises personnel in the process of planning, preparing, and serving food to patients.
- Maintains records of patient reaction to prescribed diets.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Clinical Dietitian Job qualifications include :
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition required.
- American Dietetic Association Registration strongly preferred (R.D.)
- Must have current state licensure as a Dietitian (L.D.)
- Previous experience as a hospital dietitian preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom