Clinical Dietitian PRN
Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TX
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital is currently looking for a Clinical Dietician.
• Performs duties in a professional manner and with minimum supervision.
• Prepares PI reports/data on a regular basis; using this information as a resource to improve patient care.
• Delivers patient care services in a timely manner and conveys recommendations as necessary.
• Ensures that food preparation meets standards.
• Plans, organizes and implements projects.
• Assists in compliance of JCAHO standards and other regulatory standards.
• Investigates complaints and initiates corrective action.
• Maintains good interpersonal relationships with all hospital staff and peers.
• Maintains registration and licensure with the American Dietetic Association via in-services, seminars, etc.
• Has completed an Internship in hospital or other institution offering dietetic internship approved by the American Dietetic Association. Experience in institution work desirable.
• B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college or university with a major in foods, nutrition, or institutional management. A Registered Dietitian (R.D.) and Licensed Dietitian in the State of Texas.