The RN Education & Quality Specialist (EQS) delivers clinical education for all Registered Nurses in our Fort Myers call center. Coordinates curricula design with other RN Education & Quality Specialist and under the direction of the Director of Clinical Education & Quality. Coordinates staff education with the Clinical Manager(s) in their respective Contact Center. The National Contact Center Management group serves our patients by interacting with them via telephone and other media in order to assist them with their healthcare journeys. NCCM uses a variety of tools that act in tandem with each other and on behalf of our patients and provides services such as clinical advice, health information/education, connection with healthcare services, and provider referrals. Summary Of Key Responsibilities:
Works to assure Clinical Competency and effective service behaviors across the Clinical Team. Is constantly pursuing effective ways to deliver Clinical Education and assures that adult learning approaches are used regularly. This key Clinical Leader provides staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent and leader. Each Clinical Educator supports the development of the Clinical Agent, and fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidenced based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education and leadership development.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Conducts needs and ongoing assessments using a variety of strategic tools to include chart review and auditing.
- Coordinates onboarding of new staff to the organization. Assures effective 90 day plans are complete.
- Develops/coordinates education plans related to initial and ongoing competency validation.
- Understands and develops a clear understanding of all triage efforts and patient education required by Clinical Agents
- Plans, prepares and maintains materials for accuracy and relevance for use in educational programs that incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation; Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate learner needs.
- Delivers competence based programs for Clinical Agents with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge
- Produces reports for leadership evaluating the link between clinical care team efforts and clinical metrics
- Perform follow-up audits/reviews as indicated by clinical service lines.
- Flexible scheduling to meet the needs of 24/7 clinical operations.
- Supports staff development with educational activities (which include certification, mentoring, JCAHO requirements, product and initiative roll-outs, etc.)
- Completes monthly comprehensive call monitoring to evaluate clinical excellence
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of departmental policies and processes to facilitate call tracking and reporting of outcomes.
- Participates in monthly Quality/Training/Staff meetings
- Perform other functionally related duties as requested
- Recent health care related experience required.
- Minimum of 5years clinical experience in acute care or outpatient nursing required.
- Recent supervisory or administrative experience including: competence in strategic planning, program development, quality and risk management, program evaluation, conflict resolution
- MSN or MS preferred
Current applicable RN license (via NCLEX) in state of residence required, and ability to obtain licensure in any/all states required based on business needs; Active certification in Tele-health and/or Ambulatory Care Nursing is a plus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom