Ethicon US LLC is a surgical care company within the Medical Devices sector of Johnson & Johnson family of companies. We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Education Specialist to be located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The Clinical Education Specialist is responsible for the strategic design, preparation and execution of hands-on training experiences for Professional Education under North America Global Education Solutions and will:
• Partner with colleagues to effectively teach and train on the safe and efficacious use of ETHICON products in a lab setting to external Healthcare Professional customers.Qualifications
• Serve as the subject matter expert on anatomy, language of medicine, clinical procedures, disease states and all ETHICON technologies.
• Collaborate and align priorities with Sales, Professional Education and Marketing leaders to develop customized hands-on educational experiences that meet the goals and needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Manage priorities and timelines well and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Ensure compliance to all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include; IACUC, AAALAC, Advamed, Pharma, ACCME and other global legal and regulatory bodies.
• Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
• Promote safety to all associates that enter work area.
• Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc.).
• Have an understanding of surgical procedures across several specialties, relevant disease states and appropriate product application; Ability to teach and translate that knowledge into comprehensible education for different audiences.
• Train, mentor and coach new associates in human and animal anatomy, medical language, and the procedure steps and appropriate product application in surgical procedures across many specialties
• Demonstrate solid presentation skills to perform product in-services on animate, inanimate, cadaveric and other simulated models.
• Perform as the subject matter expert to the ETHICON business in Clinical Education, advising on appropriate models to meet learning objectives, hands-on education development and execution, and other clinical needs.
• Collaborate with Professional Education across all levels, creating effective solutions to drive the education business plan.
• Build and maintain partnerships with all stakeholders and facilitate key strategic relationships with facilities and third party vendors.
• Translate business requirements into Clinical Education strategy and plans.
• Acquire and translate customer insights to the broader organization as it relates to unmet needs and future educational and product offerings.
• Understand and apply market, industry, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge.
• Understand the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing stakeholders, and applies knowledge to shape Clinical Education offerings.
• Lead Clinical Education projects through application of customer insights and strategic planning to develop and implement new education modalities.
• Contribute to innovative and viable products, service and/or solutions adding value.
• Develop measureable project plans with clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience is required, preferably in the Healthcare Industry or Clinical Setting
• Operating Room or Healthcare Professional facing experience is preferred
• Previous Education and/or Training experience is preferred
• Experience in complex scheduling and execution of projects is required
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills are required
• Extensive product & procedure knowledge, including use and applications is preferred
• Project leadership experience is required
• This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and will require up to 60% domestic and international travelPrimary Location
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function