Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member the
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a
Clinical Forecasting & Analytics, , Senior Analyst (Neuroscience)to be
located at the Janssen campuses on the East Coast US (Titusville NJ, Raritan,
NJ or Springhouse, PA applicable). Please note candidates based out of Raritan
will be required to attend onboarding training for the first three months in
Spring House, PA. Post on boarding bi-weekly
meetings in Spring House, PA will also be required.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson &
Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important
unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience,
infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic
diseases. Driven by our commitment to
patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people
throughout the world. We recognize the impact of serious conditions on people's
lives, and we aim to empower people through disease awareness, education and
access to quality care. Our research and
development strategy focuses on identifying medical needs and harnessing the
best science in the world, whether from our own laboratories or through
strategic relationships and collaborations. We leverage our world-class
discovery and development expertise and operational excellence to deliver
innovative, effective solutions.
- Clinical Forecasting & Analytics (CF&A)
mission is to advance strategic portfolio decisions and maximize cost
efficiency as the Center of Excellence for clinical forecasting and analytics.
- The organization is involved in trial planning
starting with the proposal phase through execution and closeout, partnering
closely with R&D Operations to provide end to end clinical financial
- The organization is also a valued liaison between
R&D Operations and the Finance organization with regards to providing the
clinical financial forecast assumptions for major forecast updates and latest
- The Clinical Forecasting & Analytics
(CF&A) group (within Strategic Management, Planning & Analytics
Organization of Janssen R&D) is involved in clinical out of pocket planning
from the proposal phase through execution and closeout.
- The Clinical Forecasting Sr. Analyst is
responsible for clinical out of pocket cost forecasting and supporting budget
creation and management for assigned projects and trials.
- Support R&D Operations Out of Pocket (OOP)
Cost forecasting for new and ongoing trials, Scenario/Benchmark forecasting,
Clinical Trial Actual vs Budget Analytics (BvA), ensuring the accuracy and
compliance of related financial forecasting and closing cycles, and identifying
opportunities for process and analytical improvements.
- Supports all aspects of the trial budget process
including trial cost analysis, final study budget development, maintenance of
financial systems, and trial budget management through the trial life-cycle for
- Assists with consolidating trial budget
assumptions and costs (i.e. Investigator Fees, Central Labs, etc) for efficient
review by business partners
- Works with Clinical Program Management Leaders,
Program Management Leads, Therapeutic Area Finance and Global Program and Trial
Leaders to generate high-level estimates in support of Therapeutic Area
- Effectively interfaces with RDO (e.g. Patient
Recruitment, Contracts & Grants, the GCDO Operations Heads, Global Program
Leaders, Global Trial Leaders, Local Trial Managers, Data Management Leads,
Quantitative Sciences, etc.) to achieve a successful study management team
model in order to support trial forecasting for both in house and outsourced
- Completes budget updates in planning system as
directed by functional teams. Provides
E2E OOP budget management support to GCDO and QS team for clinical forecast
including analyzing plan to plan
- Supports budget updates and reviews during major
forecast updates, specifically with Finance partners and Operations Head.
- Supports quarterly financial closes including
but not limited to collection of accruals, preparation of journal entries and
completion of commentary on material variances from plan
- Support the business in assessing and
investigating actual trial spend vs. the forecast.
- Proactively build and maintain internal (across
J&J) and external relationships that support the gathering of business intelligence
to support financial & specific operational activities.
- Provides process training and guidance as needed
to support business leaders with budget responsibility
- Identifies opportunities to continuously improve
technology and analytical methodologies in support of optimal financial
planning and execution of clinical trial spend.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Preference is for degree in Health Sciences, Finance and/or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of operational experience in clinical trials at a pharmaceutical company/CRO is required.
- Prior experience with Clinical Trial budget development, management and maintenance is preferred.
- Knowledge in drug development, global clinical operations and strategic planning is preferred.
- Good understanding of the therapeutic areas where J&J is involved is preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with information systems (e.g. SAP, Clinical Trial Management Systems, Procurement Systems, Investigator Grant benchmarking databases, Planisware) and financial aspects of conducting clinical trials is preferred.
- The ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook with special emphasis on utilizing Excel spreadsheets to complete business analyses is required.
- Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Individual must also possess good planning and tracking skills, ability to see the big picture, well organized, focused on results, customer focused, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities, possess self-management skills, and attention to detail required.
- Position requires global interaction; ability to work virtually with business partners is required.
- Travel up to 10% is required.
J&J is an equal opportunity employer
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function