Clinical Lab Scientist I ***$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS***
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: San Jose, California
Posted: September 27, 2017
Reference ID: 03360-18802
About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
We're hiring top talent today to join an outstanding, hardworking Clinical Laboratory team that strive for excellence in servicing our patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: .5 (20 hours per week) Shift: Evenings with rotating weekends
Internal Bidding Period: 9/13/17-9/20/17
Under supervision as defined in reporting relationships and according to established policies and procedures performs various clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory, evaluates and reports test results and assists in the collection of specimens and processing of patients for laboratory testing.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Valid California State Department of Health Services Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.
2. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or equivalent.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals including physicians, hospital staff, laboratory staff and hospital administration and clients.
4. Analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate test results and determine appropriate course of action for abnormal or atypical results.
1. Successful completion of a supervised one (1) year clinical laboratory internship
2. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
3. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.