About Regional Medical Center of San Jose Regional Medical Center of San Jos
e is a 247 bed hospital with a Level II Trauma Center . The hospital provides a host of technologically-advanced services including Cardiovascular , Neuro , Orthopedic , Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology , along with multi-organ Cancer Care , and services for Women and Children .
Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. It is a certified Chest Pain Center , county-designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center, ACoS accredited Community Cancer Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care. Regional is a recipient of Healthgrades 2015 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellenc e . The hospital has also been recognized by U.S. News and World Report and The Joint Commission as a top performing hospital. We're hiring top talent today to join an outstanding, hardworking Clinical Lab team that strive for excellence in servicing our patients at Regional Medical Center. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Internal Bidding Period: 9/26/17-10/3/17
Day Shift Full Time (rotating weekends) POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Pathologists and Laboratory Managers and Director, the Clinical Lab Scientist Lead performs, as assigned, all technical, analytical, clerical, and quality assurance tasks and duties associated with laboratory testing. Accepts in-charge duties as assigned. Acts as a resource and educator for other CLSs, other laboratory staff, and hospital personnel. Represents department to accreditation and governmental inspectors.Qualifications: LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
California Dept. of Health Services CLS License EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum: Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good judgment, common sense. Ability to assume initiative for prompt and accurate performance of tests with appropriate documentation and notification of abnormal results. Ability to work under routine and stressful conditions in an accurate and timely manner.
- 5 years or more experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- 5 years Microbiology Experience
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent, 4-year College degree in Biological Sciences (BA or BS)
- Master's Degree or ASCP Specialist certification Preferred
- Ability to read, write, and converse in English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced math and chemistry/biology knowledge.
- Practical and current knowledge in all appropriate laboratory disciplines.
- Basic Phlebotomy skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Current knowledge of all applicable laboratory regulations (CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, OSHA, etc.).
- Demonstrates ability to exercise responsible independent judgment, initiative, ability to complete assignments thoroughly without supervision, problem-solving capabilities.
- Preferred: Additional proficiency in Microsoft Access and other computer programs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom