$15,000 Sign-on bonus paid on the first pay period. Tulane Abdominal Transplant Unit (TATU)
- 21 Bed critical care unit with 12 ICU beds and 9 Stepdown beds
- Certified for solid organ transplant by CMS
- The primary patient population include patients with end stage liver disease, end stage renal disease, post-operative kidney transplants, liver transplant, kidney/pancreas transplants, as well as general surgery patients.
- Sign on bonus is for 2 year commitment. Not for current HCA employees
Position Summary: Oversees the day to day clinical functions of the Abdominal Transplant unit. Utilizes evidence based nursing to serves as a consultant, facilitator, practitioner, educator and resource for nursing staff caring for Hepatobiliary, Renal and Abdominal Transplant patients.
Provides direct supervision, coaching and mentoring to professional and support staff. Supports the professional practice model, standards of nursing practice and the legal and industry standards.
Responsible for assessing and evaluating patient needs, developing and/or providing consultation on development of patient care plans, assisting in the management of patient care, and monitoring of clinical responses and resource consumption on a concurrent basis.
Responsible for implementing hospital goals and quality indicators .Accountable for clinical and service quality outcomes within the overall guidelines set by the organization. Responsible for ensuring clinical and operational compliance with regulatory agencies .
#LI-MIDAMERQualifications: Position Requirements:
( Minimum qualifications for the position) / Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana RN licensure, ACLS/ BLS required, CCTC, CNS, CCRN, and or PCCN preferred
- Education: Baccalaureate degree required.
- Experience: Three years of acute care experience with a minimum of 2 years recent critical care experience. Transplant experience a plus but not required .
- Recent management/supervisory experience in acute care setting preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom