Sky Ridge Medical Center POSITION SUMMARY:
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) exemplifies professional nursing practice through expert clinical practice, strong leadership skills, and management activities. The CNC provides clinical management to the department through coordination of patient care activities, procedures and flow of patients between various units. The CNC delegates duties to staff members within their scope of practice, and acts as a resource for clinical or communication issues to other staff. This is a clinical position and patient assignments will be taken when necessary. This position requires: budgetary commitment to the staffing matrix; involvement with staff performance appraisals; development of unit policy and procedures; and a commitment to uphold Sky Ridge Standards of Behavior. The CNC functions in the Chain-of-Command, continuing the chain upward when situation cannot be resolved at CNC level. The CNC facilities growth and development, empowerment of personnel by functioning as a leader, resource person, and counselor.Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: current Colorado - Registered Nurse Licensure
- Education & Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred. Current BLS, NRP Certification and STABLE (Preferred).
- Experience - Minimum of three years clinical experience in Mother/Baby. One to two years' experience in charge / supervisory role desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Provided safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Display appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Demonstrates known leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, and a positive attitude.
- People Leadership:
Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
2. Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
3. Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
4. Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
5. Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
6. Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
7. Formulates staff schedule along with the Clinical Coordinator/Director.
8. Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
9. Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
10. Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
11. Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom