Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
As a Nutrition Manager you will plan, coordinate and manage all patient/resident nutrition care activities complying with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. You will develop and implement cost effective, profit-generating nutrition programs, function as a member of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement nutrition care plans, and establish and maintain policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
- Establishes and maintains policies, standards and programs for the provision of optimal, cost-effective nutrition care to patients/residents. This includes coordinating and directing all clinical activities and determining and implementing appropriate staffing levels.
- Develops goals and objectives for Clinical Nutrition to maintain high quality care.
- Utilizes equipment, resources and programs to provide efficient and high quality care.
- Assists in the performance planning process for Dietitians and Dietetic Interns and interviews, selects and trains employees within the Food and Nutrition Services.
- Participates in the budget process.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
- Establishes education programs for facility's professional staff (Nursing, pharmacy, medical and surgical residents).
- Develops, implements and documents inservice education programs for Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns and other nutrition personnel to provide continuing education and training.
- Engages in and encourages staff to participate in research, submits to professional publications and professional and community lectures.
- Maintains establishes systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal government regulations.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation, client contract and within Aramark's Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark/HSS, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
- Maintains registration status through the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensure through the state board.
- Maintains professional continuing education annually.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university, plus Master's degree in dietetics, food science, nutrition, institutional management, business or relevant to function Five years' experience as a Clinical Dietitian plus 2-3 years of management experience Position requires Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association and Licensed Dietitian status, if residing in a state with licensure.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office), including dietary management computer applications (CBORD) and computerized charting applications.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Skill in planning, organizing and delegating functional activities.
- Skill in coaching, counseling and developing the supervisory skill of others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.