At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Clinical Operations Lead, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this position, you'll lead and coordinate activities that ensure quality, consistency, and integration of study data and progress operational deliverables to time cost and quality objectives from Study start-up through study close-out activities and Clinical Study Report (CSR). You'll also work with US local study team, with internal and external partners, on local studies across different phases of drug development and different therapy areas.
• Bachelor of Science degree in related discipline, preferably in medical, biological, or health related sciences, or equivalent work experience in directly related fields
• Experience working on clinical studies, across different phases of drug development
• Relevant industry or health care experience
• Proven organizational and analytical skills
• Understanding of the clinical study and drug development process and GCP/ICH guidelines in relation to study delivery operational activities
• Computer proficiency
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
• Demonstrates ability and willingness to work and lead cross-functionally, e.g. with internal and external partners, on global studies, across different phases of drug development or different therapy areas
• Good understanding of clinical data flow
• The ability to develop advanced computer skills to increase efficiency in day to day tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrates ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to facilitate team building and team work
• Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
• Proactively identifies risks and issues and possible solutions
• Demonstrates high standards and uses tactful persuasion to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
• Develops knowledge of therapy area through experience and review of scientific literature, and demonstrates ability to learn new therapy areas
• Demonstrates ability to prepare and deliver study related training materials
• Demonstrates ability to plan, coordinate, and facilitate internal and external meetings
• Demonstrates professionalism and mutual respect
• Displays excellent organization and time management skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a high volume environment with shifting priorities
• Demonstrated Project Management skills (e.g. leading delivery team)
• Excellent mentoring skills and ability to develop others
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca